As I’ve done every year since the advent of this blog in 2008, I’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 most popular posts of the year, based on comment count. I hope you enjoy reading through them again, as I did.
10. Our Cash Envelope Budgeting System: 2015 was a year of changes, and one of the most significant was this major overhaul of our budget. This system has worked well for us, and we will continue with it in 2016.
9. New Beginnings: I wrote this post in an effort to process my grief over sending my little boy off to kindergarten, and figuring out a new routine after 13 years of full-time, stay-at-home motherhood (the longest career I’ve ever had).
7. A Long September: A long overdue update post, written after my husband injured himself pretty badly in a moped accident.
6. What’s Happening: Just some random bits of information, but these newsy posts about daily life are often the most popular with readers (Weekly News Digests regularly pop up in my most viewed posts).
5. Your Money or Your Life: How you spend one determines how you’ll spend the other – a post about making careful, deliberate spending choices.
4. A Typical Day at Our House: A perennial reader favorite.
3. The Man Behind the Woman (Behind the Blog): A fairly gushy, passionate, photo-heavy tribute to my husband (password protected).
2. A Year of Honesty: A post about being real, in a world that feels pretty disingenuous sometimes.
1. Tic Tock Tic: This was a very personal post about an issue weighing on my heart. It seems to have struck a chord with many (password protected).
Thank you for sharing another year with us![print-me/]