As I’ve done every year since the advent of this blog in 2008, I’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 most popular posts of the year, based on comment count. I hope you enjoy reading through them again, as I did.
10. The Crap Family Bathtub: Fans of the Crap Family Chronicles will be pleased to note that two CFC posts made it into the Top 10 list this year, including this one about the ordeal of painting our 70s, salmon-pink bathtub with white epoxy paint. Which has just started to peel around the drain. No, I’m serious. Don’t even talk to me about this.
9. A Typical Day at Our House (2012): One day each year, I keep my camera with me and document the day’s happenings. Always a reader favorite.
8. The Advantages of Living Small: A reminder that living large doesn’t necessarily mean living better. There are many advantages to living in a smaller home, and learning to be content with what you have.
7. 11 Tips to Help You Get Motivated to Clean: Most of us enjoy having clean homes, but I don’t know very many people who enjoy the actual cleaning process. Sometimes we all need a little help getting motivated to tackle it.
6. In Memory of My Father-in-Law: My Father-in-Law passed away in January, and this was my photo tribute to his memory.
5. Don’t Read This Blog: A reminder that spending too much of your life online – instead of in reality – squanders precious time with the people you love.
4. You Can’t Please Everybody: Written during a time of frustration with blogging, this was me taking a stand against my critics, and letting them know, in no uncertain terms, that if they don’t like what I have to say, they should feel free to find another blog to read.
3. The Shower Problem: When Bee was crippled with anxiety over it, my husband and I spoke out against a school policy requiring 5th graders to shower after P.E….and the policy was changed!
2. Don’t Miss This: This year I realized that spending too much time online was causing me to be distracted, frustrated, and sometimes even angry with my children. I wrote this post when I decided to stop blogging full time, in order to bring my full focus back to my family where it belongs.
1. A Crap Family Morning: And what a morning it was! When I read it now, I think the funniest part is Pumpkin’s lunatic behavior at the vet’s office. He is the quintessential Crap Family cat.