As I’ve done every year since I started this blog, I’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 most popular posts of the year, based on comment count. I hope you enjoy reading through them again, as I did.
10. Heather and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day: I wrote this on a day when everything that could possibly go wrong did, and our idiot neighbor came dangerously close to backing over The Boy. On days like this, what would I do without you to vent to?
9. The Importance of Ethical Couponing, and an Explanation of Coupon Terms: Weirdly enough, this post incited a bit of controversy when a reader chewed me out for “judging” those who commit coupon fraud. I couldn’t grasp her logic…and neither could most of you.
8. Scrapbook Saturday: In this post, I shared a few digital scrapbook layouts, and gave away a free copy of the My Memories Suite digital scrapbooking software. This giveaway is over, but you can still get $10 off the My Memories software, PLUS a $10 credit in the My Memories store, if you copy and paste this coupon code at checkout: STMMMS34141 (This code does not expire. Not ever!)
7. *TIE* A Completely Different Person: After I decided to let my gray hair come in naturally, instead of coloring it every 4 weeks, I had my hair lightened, and cut very short. You liked the results!
Oh, My HEAD!: This post illustrates the quirkiness of my family (I don’t know how else to describe it, really). But you love us!
6. The Stay at Home Slump: In this post, I shared my tendency to get depressed at 4:00 P.M. everyday, and I never thought it would resonate with you the way it did. I was happy to learn that I’m not alone in my feelings, but unfortunately, I still haven’t figured out how to prevent the slump.
5. The One About My Underwear: After I broke my ankle I was forced to accept help, which is never easy for me. My stepmom came over to clean up the house and do some laundry, and this post is about how mortified I was that she had to fold my underpants. As it turns out, for many women this is high on the “fears and anxieties” list, right along with forgetting to shave your legs before a visit to the gynecologist, and pooping on the delivery table.
4. My Interview With Roma Downey: My first (but hopefully not last!) celebrity interview, and I was truly terrified. But Roma was lovely, I learned a lot, and 6 of you won Little Angels DVDs! (they were mailed on Tuesday – I’m so sorry for the delay. Someday I’ll have my act together again).
3. Social Misfit: What started as a gripe about how I never feel like I fit in anywhere, turned into a conversation that brought all of us closer.
2. 100 Random Facts About Me: To make a point (to my husband, who claimed that people don’t “get” me) I shared my quirks and oddities, and your response proved that I’m not so difficult to relate to. He hasn’t said a word about it since.
1. Some Comments About Commenting….After I changed the commenting system, lots of readers “delurked,” and this was the most commented-on post in the history of this blog to date. I was, in a word, THRILLED! Bloggers (even veteran bloggers like me) LOVE comments! I can’t speak for everyone, but for me, though I write for many reasons, your thoughts, friendship, support, encouragement, and camaraderie are what keep me going.
Thanks for hanging in there with me through another year (my 4-year blogoversary is in 2 weeks. Can you believe it?) I wish you much happiness, health, and prosperity in 2012!
With love and friendship,